Table of Contents
Our recommended guide when visiting Antelope Park for the day.
Allow yourself some travel time to Antelope Park which is situated in the heart of Zimbabwe – Gweru.
Recommended arrival time between 8:30 – 9am. On arrival at our gate you will be asked to pay a small ‘Park fee’ from which you will receive the same value in a coupon to use at our charming ‘Smile Coffee and Curio shop’.
You will then be escorted to our brand-new Activities Centre where you meet your guide for the day. Whether you are a family, couple, friends or on business – we will cater to each of your unique needs. Antelope Park pride (see what we did there 🙂 ) ourselves on the best service standards!
Being nominated ‘Zimbabwe’s leading private Game Reserve’ by the World Travel Awards 2019, you know you have an incredible day packed with memories and adventure in store!
** Don’t forget to book in for our delicious safari style lunch!
Morning Activities we recommend
- Wild Release program Tour – 2-hour tour of the famous Ngamo pride who are our phase 3 captive bred lions set to be released into the wild.
- Learn about our Lion conservation program on an hour-long Lion enclosure tour. Meet our lions up close and learn their histories and different personalities.
- For a short fun activity, do a Snake Induction or Pony Ride (applicable for the kids) or for the Nature enthusiasts go on a bush or bird walk. The park boasts 20 different Mammals species plus 190 different species of birds.
- Interact with our orphaned Elephants Amai, Jecha, Chibi and Ntombi or go on a walk with them through our 3000acre park!
Lunchtime 1pm – 2pm
Time to relax while enjoying our buffet lunch. Afterwards, enjoy a refreshing drink at our bar area. You can buy a WIFI voucher to quickly catch up on social media or an email.
Afternoon Activities we recommend
- Lion Walk -These start from 3 pm Please note our Lion walks will no longer be available end of August as we focus all our efforts on our first captive bred Lion release into the Wild. (Ages 16 and above)
- A Horse Ride through Antelope Park, get up close and see the wildlife while on horseback – is a better way to experience Africa?
- A Sunset Game Drive or Carriage Ride. These come with drinks and snacks
After a fun-filled day, complete with full tummies and memories for life. You can safely wave goodbye to your day at Antelope park or book to visit us again.
Maybe next time, bring the whole family and stay overnight in our comfortable affordable accommodation!
Our big recommendation to come back – OUR NIGHT ENCOUNTER!
Over the past 10 years, Antelope Park and its associated businesses and shareholders have contributed over US$2 million to community and wildlife conservation programmes, the latter focused more specifically on the African Lion.
None of this would be possible without “YOU” our guests.