Antelope Park – Horse Management Internship in Zimbabwe
Antelope Park gives you the best selection of volunteering in Zimbabwe. Join us on a community development or conservation project and make the most of your volunteering in Zimbabwe experience!
Gain invaluable experience in stable management whilst helping with the day to day runnings of an authentic African stables, home to over 30 horses. As a Horse Management Intern, you will be assisting the Stables Manager and taking on responsibility and vital duties, whilst having incredible opportunities at your finger tips such as polocrosse and horse swims. Experience in true style the ultimate horseback safari, getting up close with the wildlife and immersing yourself in the African Bush. At an additional cost, interns have the opportunity to take part in lessons with highly qualified external instructors, or to potentially compete in shows and competitions occurring whilst they are on project.
Our internships provide you with the best possible skills and experience to realise your full potential, expanding your options and opportunities right in the heart of the African Bush. Become immersed with local culture and explore the surrounding community whilst on project or when taking part in one of the incredible excursions on offer. Our Horse Management Internship promises to deliver an experience of a lifetime!
Work on Project:
Management: Become fully involved in the daily runnings of a true African Stables, assisting the Stables Management in important duties and the upkeep of over 30 horses. Take part in the running of guest activities, including safari rides, pony rides and carriage rides.
Reserve Management: The presence of horses is a major conservation tool used to protect and preserve the wildlife at Antelope Park. Horse volunteers will assist in vital boundary patrols and game counts done via horse back as they also explore the surrounding bush
Voted by World Travel Awards as Zimbabwe’s leading private game reserve, Antelope Park is a destination like no other. Volunteers will live in shared accommodation* with access to shower and bathroom facilities, a included laundry service and a volunteer lounge for social gatherings. Enjoy three tasty meals a day in our exquisite dining area, with the sound of roaring lions in the distance. Take the opportunity to relax by the pool or watch our elephants playing in the river whilst enjoying a drink on our raised deck bar. With regular spotting of giraffes, zebras, elephants are more, there is no place quite like Antelope Park.
Your extensive opportunities go beyond Antelope Park. In addition to the extensive stable and lion activities on offer, there is plenty more to choose from to make your time at Antelope Park unforgettable.
- Victoria Falls: Experience one of the seven natural wonders of the world at Victoria Falls. Your options for activities are expansive, from bungee jumping over the Zambezi River, to game viewing the Big 5 in Chobe National Park, Botswana.
- Matopos National Park: Trek through the bush on foot in search of the magnificent African Rhino, the best way to see these amazing animals unclose.
- Free to Be Wild Sanctuary: Get upclose with baby baboons, monkeys and impala at this rehabilitation centre, specialising in rescue and release.
- Great Zimbabwe Ruins: Take the opportunity to discover this Unseco World Heritage Site for the day, rich with culture and history.
Dates and Prices:
Horses Management Internship
From £1,134 $1,947
• Airport collection and return to either Harare Airport (Sunday) or Bulawayo Airport (Monday.) An Antelope Park team member will be waiting to meet you.
• All accommodation and 3 meals a day, served in the camps dining areas.
• 24 hour support on project and at the volunteer accommodation by our onsite staff at the park
• Unlimited Tea, coffee and filtered water during the day
• Laundry Service
• Personal and medical insurance cover for the duration of your placement
• Visa requirements
• Additional activities and excursions
• Your first overnight horse safari – after that it’s free
• Extra food and drinks, from the bar or cafe
• Wifi (available to purchase upon arrival)
Photos & Feedback
“If you want to truly feel like you’ve accomplished aa greater sense of purpose, only only in yourself, but in others, do it. You’ll find there’s more to the world than what you thought before.”
“My stay was more exciting and rewarding than I could have ever hoped for.”
“The staff never failed to put a smile on my face and have been some of the best people I have ever met.”
“Be warned, once you come here, you’ll never want to leave.”
“The whole experience far exceeded by expectations. A life changing and life affirming experience.”