Antelope Park – Photography and Lion Conservation Project in Zimbabwe
Antelope Park gives you the best selection of volunteering in Zimbabwe. Join us on a community development or conservation project and make the most of your volunteering in Zimbabwe experience!
Become fully captivated by the iconic African scenery and wildlife, with our Photography project offering unique photo opportunities to expand your portfolio. Witness some of Africa’s most exquisite wildlife, capturing their magnificence through the lens, whilst significantly contributing towards community and conservation efforts.
Combined with our Lion Conservation Project, Photography volunteers are playing a critical role in laying the foundations that will ensure the success of ALERT’s work. Get involved with behaviour enrichment sessions to stimulate the lions natural behaviours, enclosure cleaning and maintenance work or simply accompany the cubs during the day or night as they develop their natural instincts. Volunteers also have the unique opportunity to photograph our semi-wild Ngamo pride, ahead of our innovative world first lion release. Not only do volunteers leave with an enriched understanding for Lion Conservation, but also the knowledge that they are helping to preserve the future of lions in Africa.
As well as being hands on with Lion conservation, photography volunteers are involved with caring for and accompanying our four orphaned elephants as they graze through the African bush. Our volunteers become immersed with local culture as they explore the surrounding community whilst on project or when taking part in one of the incredible excursions on offer. Our Lion Conservation Project promises to deliver an experience of a lifetime!
Work on Project:
Expand your portfolio by taking part in our extensive range of activities, working with lions, horses, elephants and our work in the community.
Lions: Interact daily with our lions, accompanying them through the bush as they develop their natural instincts.
Research: Observe social interactions and group behaviours whilst researching and capturing our intermediate semi wide Ngamo Pride, ahead of the planned world first lion release.
Elephants: Walk with our orphaned elephants through the bush for unique and captivating photo opportunities.
Horses: Get up close to our amazing wildlife on horse-back, reproducing the perfect moment through the lens.
Community: Take part on our various community projects in order to spread awareness of the vital work in place.
Wildlife: Discover Zimbabwe’s leading private game reserve whilst surrounded by over 200 bird species and 21 wildlife species, offering fantastic opportunities to expand your portfolio!
Voted by World Travel Awards as Zimbabwe’s leading private game reserve, Antelope Park is a destination like no other. Volunteers will live in shared accommodation* with access to shower and bathroom facilities, a included laundry service and a volunteer lounge for social gatherings. Enjoy three tasty meals a day in our exquisite dining area, with the sound of roaring lions in the distance. Take the opportunity to relax by the pool or watch our elephants playing in the river whilst enjoying a drink on our raised deck bar. With regular spotting of giraffes, zebras, elephants are more, there is no place quite like Antelope Park.
Your extensive opportunities go beyond Antelope Park. In addition to the extensive stable and lion activities on offer, there is plenty more to choose from to make your time at Antelope Park unforgettable.
- Victoria Falls: Experience one of the seven natural wonders of the world at Victoria Falls. Your options for activities are expansive, from bungee jumping over the Zambezi River, to game viewing the Big 5 in Chobe National Park, Botswana.
- Matopos National Park: Trek through the bush on foot in search of the magnificent African Rhino, the best way to see these amazing animals unclose.
- Free to Be Wild Sanctuary: Get upclose with baby baboons, monkeys and impala at this rehabilitation centre, specialising in rescue and release.
- Great Zimbabwe Ruins: Take the opportunity to discover this Unseco World Heritage Site for the day, rich with culture and history.
Dates and Prices:
Photography and Lion Conversion
From £1,427 $2,597
|3 weeks:||£1,811||$ 3,296|
• Airport collection and return to either Harare Airport (Sunday) or Bulawayo Airport (Monday.) An Antelope Park team member will be waiting to meet you.
• All accommodation and 3 meals a day, served in the camps dining areas.
• 24 hour support on project and at the volunteer accommodation by our onsite staff at the park
• Unlimited Tea, coffee and filtered water during the day
• Laundry Service
• Personal and medical insurance cover for the duration of your placement
• Visa requirements
• Additional activities out of project, Excursions, Horse activities
• Extra food and drinks, from the bar or cafe
• Wifi (available to purchase upon arrival)
Photos & Feedback
“If you want to truly feel like you’ve accomplished aa greater sense of purpose, only only in yourself, but in others, do it. You’ll find there’s more to the world than what you thought before.”
“My stay was more exciting and rewarding than I could have ever hoped for.”
“The staff never failed to put a smile on my face and have been some of the best people I have ever met.”
“Be warned, once you come here, you’ll never want to leave.”
“The whole experience far exceeded by expectations. A life changing and life affirming experience.”